There is no question that the bathroom and the kitchen are the most used rooms in the house. These rooms are used by family, friends, and visitors. They are the rooms most seen, and they have a huge impact on the resale value of your home.
When it comes time to replace your bathroom sink you want a modern sink that fits best in your bathroom and in your lifestyle. Here are a few things to consider before deciding on a new sink.
- How much room do you have?
- If space is limited, you want as much usable countertop space as possible.
- How many people use this room at the same time?
- Do you and your spouse get ready for work at the same time?
- Do you have children that sometimes need to share your bathroom?
- Do you need a single sink or a double sink?
- How much space are you willing to give up?
- Is your family an “on the go” family?
- Do you need a sink that is easy to clean and always looks neat?
When you consider all of these options, you may find the best sink for your bathroom is an undermount bathroom sink. As the name suggests, the sink is mounted below and fixed to the countertop.
The undermount bathroom sink has no rim to clean. As a matter of fact, it is the easiest sink to clean. There is no rim to clean and therefore no debris can be stuck in the seam. Cosmetics and toiletries are easily wiped away. Spills and drips are wiped right into the sink and less of the sink is visible.
Undermount bathroom sinks are the most trendy sinks available right now. They are in most newly constructed homes that are on the market and are often chosen in remodel and upgrade projects.
A professional can install an undermount sink quickly. However, do not attempt to install one on your own. Installation of this kind of fixture is very important. If it is not sealed and mounted properly it could leak and cause costly damages.
If you are remodeling your bathroom, you will want to speak to the professional about which countertop is most suited to the undermount sink. Undermount sinks work best with solid- surface countertops. A good quality countertop and undermount sink will give your bathroom an elegant and clean look. For the busy family, this is the best option. It will last longer and remain beautiful and in style longer than most other options on the market.